Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I'm back!

I went home for the holidays and neglected my blog for a little while. I got Rock 'Em Sock 'Em 21 on DVD. That should be fun to watch; I haven't watched on of these since the 90's. I also got to watch the Leafs struggle against Buffalo, Phoenix and Montreal but pull out wins over Pittsburgh and Boston. Despite some shakey play, the Leafs remain in the hunt.

The game tomorrow in Edmonton will be fun to watch, if only because we rarely get to see the Edmonton Oilers. They are a young team that is still struggling to find consistency. They lack potent weapons on the offensive end, but have the people in place to have an effective powerplay (although they are below the Leafs in that category).

I'd like to see Phil Kessel be an impact player tomorrow night. I think his play has been sub-par recently, and a good game on the road could help him to find his goal scoring rythym again. And if Kessel can get going, that will help his linemates to produce. If I were Ron Wilson, I would stop putting Kessel on the half boards and instead have him set just off to the side of the goal. Kessel could then look for rebounds and tip ins, or the Leafs could try to implement that cross-crease play that was so successful with Darcy Tucker and Kyle Wellwood / Mats Sundin.

The World Junior Hockey Championships has been fun to watch, with the Leafs finally having a good prospect in the tournament. Kadri has been solid, although a bit undisciplined. The tournament has been a bit of a bore though. Canada has destroyed Latvia, Switzerland, and Slovakia. The games have been too one-sided to be entertaining. We do have the US coming up and that game should be a fun one to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment